Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Crazy Seizures

Abby is back in the hospital after having over 12 seizures yesterday. Even after giving her emergency medication (Diastat) she continued to seize.

She was admitted through the ER last night after finding her blood work to be normal. This is a huge praise as infection (post shunt surgery) was a big concern.

She continued to have seizures through the night and this morning. Her medications have been increased and an extra IV dose was also given this morning. Another CT of her head was ordered. We don't know the results from this yet... assuming no news is good news.

My mom is here! We are enjoying her company and help very much. Abby is snuggling with her while I spend some time at home with my boys.

Heading back to the hospital in a few... it's soo nice to be only 5 minutes away!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

you are in my thoughts and prayers.

The Ahmeds said...

Oh, my! Prayin for her!
Katy