Friday, November 9, 2012

Thank you



Now that we are home and getting settled we finally got to check Facebook and see ALL the precious posts asking for prayer for Josiah! Wow.  

While we were in the middle of his illness and hospital stay we felt so isolated from our family and friends.  Internet connection was spotty and most days we flat out didn't have any way to check email.  We knew updates were getting to our family through phone calls, but had no idea how many folks were lifting us up to the Father!  Oh, how we needed those prayers!

getting ready to go to the hospital

Day 1 in hospital

sleeping outside ICU

waiting to see Josiah

walking to MRI

morning rounds on peds floor

A wonderful doctor... now a friend

I don't have the emotional or physical energy to go into all the details of that week, but I wanted to say Thank You to all who prayed for us.  Our Heavenly Father had His hand on us during a very dark and scary time.  He carried us one moment at a time and provided for our needs in so many ways!

One scripture I came across was so uplifting:

  "Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.  My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.  Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge."

Psalm 62:5-8

A song kept coming to mind while we were waiting those hours for Josiah's spinal tap results...
                                                               
                                                                
                             "Strong Tower"

When I wander through the desert
And I'm longing for my home
All my dreams have gone astray
When I'm stranded in the valley
And I'm tired and all alone
It seems like I've lost my way

I go running to your mountain
Where your mercy sets me free

[chorus]
You are my strong tower
Shelter over me

Beautiful and mighty
Everlasting King
You are my strong tower
Fortress when I'm weak
Your name is true and holy
And Your face is all I seek

In the middle of my darkness
In the midst of all my fear
You're my refuge and my hope
When the storm of life is raging
And the thunder's all I hear
You speak softly to my soul


feeling better!

Family missing Abby


Thank you dear, sweet friends and family for praying!!  




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That first picture is TERRIFYING...I'm so glad you are home and together! You all remain in our prayers...we love you;)
Steph

coriejones said...

So glad you all made it home safe and I am so glad Josiah is feeling better!! You all were in our prayers! Congrats on your new boy :) he is PRECIOUS!! Love you guys!

Ken Schrock said...

Praise Jesus!
He saw what you needed and provided it for you.
Even though you may have felt weak in your flesh at times, your choices of faith will be a testimony that will be coming out for years to come.
As you tell the stories, and you hear people say, "what are the odds for that to work out like that, what a coincidence", that was Jesus right there, caring for the Hulls - who He loves very much! :-)
That will be a testimony to others and a comfort to you.